Surname: Sheikhpour Ghasseminia
Address: No.190, 12th Block, Ekbatan (pahse 2), Tehran, Iran
Postal code: 1396633449
Email: ali [at] newdesign [dot] ir
Date & place of birth: July 8th, 1983 Tehran / Iran
Marital status: Married
• PhD candidate, Mechanical engineering, Design and Manufacturing,
Faculty of Engineering,
University of Tehran, Iran (2009- Canceled:2012).
M.A in Industrial design,
University college of Fine arts,
Tehran, Iran, (2006-2009).
Thesis: “Designing the body of high speed storm resistant rescue boat”
B.Sc. in Mechanical engineering,
Faculty of engineering, University of
Tehran, Tehran, Iran, (2001-2006).
Cumulative GPA: 15.9/20
Thesis: “Technical and ergonomic design of Self-balancing Monocycle for
During graduate study:
• Collaboration on NABOVVAT SQ.
• Manual modeling of SWATH (Small Water plane Area Twin Hull) boat
• Sustainable Design of charging system of mini cars for internal
transportation of University of Tehran.
• Ergonomics project: Categorization of ergonomic color palettes for
• Conceptual design of an electric charger for mobile phones.
• Object oriented modeling of web design process.
• Interior design of underwater ROV (Remotely operated vehicles) room.
• Design and programming of www.Newdesign.ir
(The first Persian industrial design website).
During undergraduate study:
• Computer aided simulation of stream in a canal.
• Computer aided simulation of temperature distribution in a room.
• Computer aided simulation of air stream over an airfoil.
• Computer aided simulation of parametrical linkage mechanisms.
• Detailed design of portable drilling machine.
• Economic analysis of house heating systems.
• Detailed design of cooling room system.
• Founding the electronic database of Iranian metal industry for
University of Tehran.
• Designing and programming of dynamic websites.
“Storm resistant boat designing based on the geometry and movement of
Journal of Bionic Engineering, Vol.5, 87-90
• More than 110 industrial design related articles for
Presentations and lectures:
• Theory of relativity, Theory of space-time (for students of art). (Listen
in Farsi) (2015-
Universtiy of art)
• “Storm resistant boat designing based on the geometry and movement of
water strider”, the second international conference of bionic
engineering, Jilin University, China (2008).
• “Technical and ergonomic design of Self-balancing Monocycle for daily
transportation”, B.Sc. thesis, University of Tehran (2006).
• Teacher, Design of Mechanical Mechanisms ,
• Teacher, Applied Geometry, Master of Industrial Design,
Art University of tehran
• Teacher, Mathematics, Industrial Design & Urban design,
• Teacher, Technical Design (Design of Mechanical Mechanisms,
Hydraulic and Pneumatic), Industrial design, University of Tehran
• Teacher, Mathematics, Industrial design, University of Tehran
• Teacher, Technical Design (1,2: Strength of materials, Design of
Mechanical Mechanisms) Industrial design,
Kish International Campus,
University of Tehran, (2011-2013)
• Teacher, Physics (Static's, Dynamics, Lighting), Industrial
design, Kish International Campus, University of Tehran, (2011-2013)
• Design and production of "Testing system for Hydraulic actuator" @
Servo Hydraulic Pouya
• Collaboration with
Favaran (Water Features)
• Production of a mini SWATH (Small waterplane area twin hull) for Amir
• Member of R&D in “Jahad” engineering department, University of Tehran
• Team working with underwater ROV (Remotely operated vehicles) design
• Collaboration with
ZAMYAD (Iranian automobiles manufacturer) (Summer
• Member of Jury of students innovation contest, University of Tehran
• Member of VK (Virtual Konkoor), Producing of educational CDs for high
• Web developing; 6 years working on
• Ranked 4th in Iran’s national
Industrial design Olympiad (2006).
• Ranked 6th in Iran’s national examination for graduate studies (2006).
• Ranked 1st as the "Best design research of 2008", Fine arts
Paradise, University of Tehran.
• Ranked 211th among 300,000 participants in Iran’s national higher
education Entrance Exam (2001).
• Ranked 1st in computer programming contest among Tehran high schools
• 2nd prize of Persian poetry festival,
• Programming: Android-JAVA, SQL, ASP, VBscript, Jquery, Java script,
• Applications: Microsoft office, Microsoft Expression
• CAD: Rhinoceros, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Mechanical desktop.
• Graphics: Adobe Photoshop.
Web designing (programming and/or graphic):
My C.V. at linkedin.com
Ali Sheikhpour Ghasseminia